Monday, September 14, 2009

Hollywood Bowl with Seu Jorge & Bebel Gilberto

The makings of one of the most beautiful nights spent. A night that makes you wish you had every family member with you, old and young. Grams and Pops would have loves it!

I had never been to the bowl before, needless to say...I'm hooked. We got to bring goodies in, a couple bottles of wine...some cheeses, nuts, berries, and cookies. (what can I say?) We sat literally in the middle of everything on long benches, hard to get in and out...but where would you want to go during such amazing performances? Oh, did I mention the amazing fireworks and Brazilian samba dancers, yeah


Photobucket

Photobucket



Seu Jorge, maybe most famously from Life Aquatic, as Pelé Dos Santos, and is musical mastermind of some of the best music on the soundtrack, and an amazing David Bowie cover. He also appeared in the film City of God as Mané Galinha. AND HE'S HAS MADDDD STYLE AND GORGEOUS FEATURES. end of story.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Bebel Gilberto, born Isabel Gilberto de Oliveir is an American-born Grammy Award-nominated Brazilian popular singer often associated with bossa nova. She is the daughter of João Gilberto and singer Miúcha. Some ammmmazing roots if you ask me. Basically what you should know about her is she is a women who oooooooooozzzzzes sexuality and confidence.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


...an overall super night that just reminds me again that just because I don't live in the decade of my choice, sometimes I can pretend and others join in on the fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment